In case you have been wondering about Carl David Ceder and what exactly makes him stand out among the crowd, here are some reasons given on his site as to what you should hire Carl Ceder
“Once a man has made a commitment to a way of life, he puts the greatest strength in the world behind him. It’s something we call heart power. Once a man has made this commitment, nothing will stop him short of success.” – Vince Lombardi
• CLIENT FOCUS. I try to do everything in my power to help clients achieve positive results for their cases. I am emotionally invested in each case, and it is my goal to always treat every person I represent with dignity and respect. I try to view each case as if the citizen accused is one of my close family members. I ask each client to write a review at the conclusion of their case. It is my goal from the beginning to hopefully have each client I work with write something positive about their experience with me. I encourage anyone reading this to view some of those reviews on my AVVO account. I take pride in both my professional and client endorsements, as well as my satisfied customer reviews. Please also read my personal message to potential clients here.
• TRACK RECORD FOR SUCCESS. I’ve had a very strong track record for success in the past, especially in trial by juries. I take pride in the fact that I have the ability to take a case to trial and win. When I take something to trial, I tell clients from the beginning that I am not only going to try achieve success for them, I also want to achieve success for myself. I want the professional reputation as an attorney that will always do everything possible to bring the fight. I want to always have the reputation as an attorney that shows up ready and prepared to win. While not every case CAN be won, I will approach every case as if it WILL be won.
I believe in following the fundamentals of life from the quotes left behind by the legendary coach, Vince Lombardi. In the words of Coach Lombardi:
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
I do not like losing. I hate it. I was raised the son of a Texas High School Football Coach. My father had over an 80% winning record after 29 years of coaching. His meticulous preparation and demand for perfection was something everyone close to him admired. I was taught from a very young age that winning is incredibly important. From him, I believe I was taught the recipe for success. The only way that one can achieve success is through hard work, intensity, and perhaps most of all, preparation. There is not a lazy way to achieve success.
• PREPARATION. As a former athlete, I know that preparation, intensity, and hard work are the factors to achieving success whatever the “contest.” I hate to lose, and I know that preparation is the key and main component to success. Therefore, I believe in going on the offensive at the very earliest period of time. District Attorney offices usually have more cases then they can adequately handle. The courts are over-burdened, over-worked, and under-staffed. It’s a natural tendency in human nature for them to take the easy way out if they can. If they know you are willing and able to fight, they may look for an easier target. I will always let them know that we intend to bring the fight. Simply put, if I show up to try a case, I will show up “ready.” Please read more on this topic here.
• TRAINING. I take immense pride in doing everything I can to stay abreast of current changes in the law, particularly with criminal law. Not doing so, in my opinion, would be a disservice to the clients I represent. I do everything in my power to attend all relevant CLE courses on criminal defense and DWI law. The knowledge gained at these seminars can be used at a great advantage when fighting for clients. I realized this very well when I attended the Advanced Criminal Law Seminar in Houston, Texas in July of 2011. A new case was mentioned there that literally provided the necessary tool to get a DWI I was working dismissed. The need to always attend these courses, therefore, should not be viewed as optional, it should be viewed as mandatory.
• CERTIFICATIONS. If you are charged with DWI, I am Certified to administer the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (HGN, Walk & Turn, and One-Leg Stand), and have maintained the necessary “update” program. What this means is that I have received the same training the police officers have. Additionally, I am also a Certified NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor, which means I am qualified to actually teach police officers on how to adminster the tests. Having these certifications is incredibly necessary to being proficient in examining the flaws in the administration of these tests to be able to effectively point them out to a jury in trial. I am also a Certified Technician in the Intoxilyzer 5000, which is the breath testing instrument used in DWI arrests in Texas. Additionally, I have received advanced training in the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test (HGN), or the “eye test”, usually the first test administered in a DWI investigation. I also have received training in blood testing specifically related to DWI arrests. I have also completed the NHTSA Drug Evaluation and Classification (DRE) Course, which is the functional equivalent to the ARIDE Program (Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement).
• MEMBERSHIPS. I was admitted to practice in the State of Texas, and I am also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts of the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas. I take great pride with representing clients in court and in the Oath I took as an Attorney when swearing to uphold the law and represent my clients to the best of my ability. I am also a member of TCDLA, the National College of DUI Defense (NCDD), and other local legal organizations that can help in attaining valuable knowledge about cases. I also serve as the Dallas-Fort Worth committee chair for the TCDLA Young Lawyers Committee. If I do not know the answer to a question, I have many avenues to pursue to find it.
• PERSONAL ATTENTION. When you hire The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder you will not be passed on to another attorney. You will primarily deal with me. Many criminal defense firms delegate cases to other “associate” attorneys who usually have very little experience practicing law. That will not be the case with anyone that hires me. I will handle each case personally with very close attention to detail. You are paying your hard-earned money to hire me, not another attorney. I realize this, and I will always make the commitment to all of my clients that you will receive the best service that I can possibly provide.
• CLIENT INTERACTION. I take great pride in keeping all clients updated on a regular basis as their case progresses via phone, e-mail, text message, and with in-person meetings. I try and return all phone calls promptly, and I try my very best to return all calls the same day. Obviously my scheduling will dictate when I do return a call and how quickly. If I am in trial on a given week, it may take a bit more time. But, I WILL RETURN THE CALL AS QUICK AS I CAN.
I have found that the #1 cause for complaint with other attorneys is a lack of communication between the attorney and the client. The attorney-client relationship is one that should be built on trust. I realized very quickly that it is impossible to build a relationship built on trust without a constant, steady source of communication. I will return your calls and I will make myself available to meet with you whenever you have questions about your case. If you are my client, then you are my top priority.
• CLIENT COMMUNICATION. As the case progresses, I will make sure you understand the facts and consequences of going to trial versus taking a plea bargain. I will try to fully communicate the pros and cons of either option. Ultimately, the decision on how to proceed always rests with the client. Before deciding which route to take, I will engage in a full and thorough dialogue with you which will not end until all of your questions are answered. During this time, I will tell you my thoughts on the case and generally how best I think we should proceed going forward. Gaining information regarding basic facts of the case and other relevant information is vital to developing a solid defense.
• FEES. I try to keep my fees reasonable given whatever factors are involved in a certain case. To be perfectly honest, my firm will not be the cheapest you will find. Some criminal defense attorneys will take your case for very little money, then plead you the first chance they get. On the other hand, I know that I will not be the most expensive either. I do believe that when comparing quality of service with fees charged The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder is first-rate. I believe my fees are reasonable and I will work with you if you need to make payment arrangements. The truth is, however, that the costs involved will vary depending on your individual circumstance. To read more regarding fees for different types of cases, please read here.
• A TRIAL LAWYER. I love trying cases to juries. I believe it is a right that should truly be cherished within our justice system. I have done everything in my power to learn to be an effective advocate. I welcome every chance I get to represent a client in court. What you will get with me is an attorney that wholeheartedly embraces every opportunity to try a case to a jury. You would be surprised by how many attorneys are horrified by the mere thought of conducting a voir dire, let alone trying an entire case to a jury.
• A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE. My chosen field of endeavor is being a criminal defense attorney. Because I have made this commitment, I take it extremely seriously. It is my goal to always strive to do everything within my power to be the best I possibly can at my chosen professional field in life, whether it be in receiving advanced training at seminars, or in trying to obtain certifications to enhance my knowledge and ability to win. I view representing clients in court as a very unique and special privilege, and not a “right.” I am serious about what I do. What you will get with me is a diligent, hard-working, and committed professional determined to give you my very best. That is the promise that I will always make to every client I am fortunate enough to represent.
“I would say that the quality of each man’s life is the full measure of that man’s commitment of excellence and victory – whether it be football, whether it be business, whether it be politics or government or what have you.” – Vince Lombardi